The Begin a New Life process is based on biblical principles as explained in the writings of Emanuel Swedenborg. It's the same thing as Judeo-Christian repentance. Swedenborg describes the BNL/repentance process in snatches throughout his written works, and fully in one definitive chapter. Click on the bullet point link below to view that chapter in its entirety.
Swedenborg explains the Ten Commandments in snatches throughout his theological writings, and fully in each of four specific works. Click on the first bullet point link below for an introduction to the Ten Commandments. Click on the second bullet point link to read about the Commandments in general from Swedenborg's perspective. Click on any numbered link to read about a specific Commandment from each of the four works just mentioned.
1. You Shall Have No Other Gods before My Faces.
2. You Shall Not Take the Name of the Lord Your God in Vain.
3. Remember the Sabbath Day to Keep it Holy.
4. Honor Your Father and Your Mother….
5. You Shall Not Murder.
6. You Shall Not Commit Adultery.
7. You Shall Not Steal.
8. You Shall Not Bear False Witness against Your Neighbor.
9. You Shall Not Covet Your Neighbor's House.
10. You Shall Not Covet Your Neighbor's Wife,…Nor Anything That is Your Neighbor's.
The BNL program began as a study of Swedenborg’s definitive chapter on life change/repentance. The study culminated in a concise, summary outline of the steps of the BNL process based on that chapter. The outline in turn became the foundation for the program worksheets. Click on the link below to view that summary outline.